This is a forum for a coordinated approach in NL with intent to mobilize intersectionality of resources, issues, advocacy sites, so that everyone can be easily, and positively called in to take action.
We understand not everyone included in various groups or on Facebook can hear the compiled information to take action- by consolidating information from various sites, we intend to be a neutral platform, to eliminate obstacles, to provoke action, and to overcome paralysis from over-analysis, in hopes that you find action easy, be funneled to the various resources/groups/rallies, and have confidence through agency and solution oriented behavior.
Why Coordinated Approach?
- To mobilize multiple groups in multiple areas across the island who agree that this cause has intersectionality creating overlapping and interdependent systems of discrimination or disadvantage, that can be overcome through strength in numbers through action.
- Coordinated 1 stop platforms funnel people to a common place that provokes action by eliminating obstacles, paralysis of overanalysis, and calls people IN and not out.
- Allows a broader reaching access to the public by overcoming an echo chamber (only to our personal groups) extending to everyone.
- Illustrates how to take action through: -signing petitions -sample impact statements to MHA/prov/fed – sample suggestion letters of other systems -upcoming events/rallies/meetings
- Gives individuals strength through #s and personal confidence in participating in positive self/group helping action.